Happy New Year! I’m both anxious and excited to see what 2017 is going to hold for me (and my family). I hope your 2017 has gotten off to a great start. Last year the highlight of my 2016 was starting my BookTube channel and reviving this blog. So here my bookish blog goals and resolutions for this year.
- Blog 2x a Week | Now that I’m back to blogging here, I want to become more consistent with the amount of time that I’m putting up posts on this space. I really do love talking about books and it makes sense to utilize the space I created to do so instead of letting it collect cyber dust.
- Get Personal | As much as I love talking about books, I’d love to share some personal stuff about myself on this space as well. So look for new categories popping up on the menu bar over the next few weeks.
- Setup Official URL | I have an official URL/domain for the blog and I can’t wait to unveil it as well as a new layout later on this month.
- Collaborate | I’d love to collaborate with other bloggers/authors and brands on both book and non-book related posts.
- Upload 2x a Week | Much like this blog, I’d like to become more consistent with my uploading schedule on my BookTube channel. I’m looking forward to filming more hauls, book reviews, live chats and more.
- Collaborate | I’d love to collaborate with other Booktubers whether it’s for a readathon or a tag video.
- Master New Editing Software | I recently discovered a new editing software that is levels above Windows Movie Maker. It some great features that I can’t wait to master.
- Get a New Vlogging Camera | Now that I have a new editing software, I want to take my video quality up even more by investing in a better camera to shoot my videos.
- Diverse Books | This year I’m looking forward to reading more books that promote diversity. I’ll be sharing my Diverse Books TBR next week. I can’t wait to discover new authors and fall in love with new characters.
- Read 150 Books | Go big or go home, right?
- Participate in 1x Readathon a Month | I participated in my first readathons last year and loved it. It was so much fun tweeting and seeing what everyone else was reading.
- Buddy Read 1 Book a Month | While reading books is fun, it’s more fun when you can gush or vent about it with a reading buddy!
- Join 2 Reading Challenges | I might as well put my those 150 books to good use and join a few of the reading challenges that I’ve seen floating around my favorite book blogs.
- Update my Goodreads Regularly | I have a Goodreads account, but I hardly use it. I want to connect with other readers and get better at updating my reading lists on there. So I’m challenging myself to be active on my account at least twice a week by updating my reading progress.
- Finish my NaNoWriMo Novel | Life got a bit hectic in November and I didn’t finish my NaNoWriMo novel, Chasing Waffles. Catchy name, right?! This was my first time plotting out a novel instead of pantsing my way through. I can’t wait to finish Avi and Colt’s story.
- Publish 2 WIPs | While I have more than one project on the schedule for 2017, my goal is to publish at least 2 of those projects. Quality over quantity! Plus, I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself.