|© Oxlock | Stock Free Images & Dreamstime Stock Photos|
Happy New Year’s Everyone!! 2013 is here and I’m ready to get this party started. I know that millions of us set resolutions and more than 50% of us don’t keep them, but I’m determined not to be in that over 50%. So, without further ado here are my resolutions for 2013.
- Publish Novel: I’ve been working on a novel of sorts now for a long while. Last year, I proscrinated and didn’t get it finished. Well, this year there will be none of that. I’m on a mission to have a Bestseller before this year is out. So, that means that I’m kicking it in high gear. As you all know, I have two books out on Kindle already but I’m looking forward to this one being released as a print book as well as an e-book.
- Blog More: I know that I dropped the ball on this blog too last year. I started to get overwhelmed by some things going on in my personal as well as professional. All of my planning and organization went out the window. However, I know that part of being a bestselling author is interacting with your readers and actually trying to get to know them. I don’t want to be one of those authors who’s just about selling you a book. I really want to bond with my readers and supporters.
- Find An Illustrator: I really want to get my Adventures of Moo & Bud series published in print. And since I’m not much of artist or graphic designer, I need to find an illustrator to help bring my children’s series to life. Plus, the cover could use a ton of work. As much as, we say we shouldn’t judge books by their covers, the truth is that many of us do.
- Support More Indie Authors: I know how hard it is to be an indie author. People don’t really take you seriously if you don’t have some big name publishing house or agency backing you. You have to work ten times as hard to get your work the notice it deserves. So, I want to make sure that I do my part and start buying books that are by indie authors. I’m not saying that I’m going to quit buying James Pattersons but I’m will be making sure that buy just as many books by lesser known authors and review here on the blog and the websites like Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, etc to help them get a leg up.
- Travel More: Be it a book tour or attending workshops and seminars, I want to get out and travel. I spent a lot time at home in 2012 and visiting the same places. I want to see sites and meet new people this year. Hopefully, I’ll even rack up some miles on my passport.
What are your resolutions or goals for 2013?